Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is always looking for talented new artists for various roles within the organization, both onstage and behind the scenes.
Current Job Opening(s):
Tour Coordinator/ Stage Manager
Monday June 19th 2017- Sunday August 6th
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is seeking a Tour Coordinator/Stage Manager for our summer 2017 touring productions ofThe Merry Wives of Windsor and Romeo and Juliet. The Tour Coordinator/SM will work closely with directors, production staff, creative staff, and guest artists to ensure that operations are executed at the highest possible standard
This position is ideal for a college student or early career stage manager looking to further develop their skills in a variety of technical areas while working at a professional theatre company. Candidates must be able to work safely, independently, and efficiently. The ideal applicant will have a positive attitude, good creative problem solving skills, and be able to work in an active, fast-paced environment. Flexibility is also important; each production is different and the responsibilities of this position may change on a day-to-day basis.
The Tour Coordinator/SM will work an average of (6) days per week, and the day-to-day schedule is highly variable based on rehearsal and performance schedules. Extended hours and modified work weeks may be necessary due to technical rehearsal schedules and specific production needs. The Tour Coordinator/SM is supervised by the Production Stage Manager.
Local housing is provided within driving distance with a private bedroom and shared living spaces.
Required skills include:
- Academic or professional experience as a Stage Manager or Assistant Stage Manager
- Experience creating paperwork associated with the rehearsing and running of a show
- Maturity and professionalism
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Reliable mode of personal transportation
- Ability to lift 30lbs
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Attending production meetings
- Preproduction paperwork and preparations
- During the rehearsal process- setting up the rehearsal room, tracking props and costumes, being on book, taking line notes, and creating paperwork to assist with the production process
- Sending out rehearsal reports and daily schedules
- Facilitating technical rehearsals
- Watching performances to ensure integrity is maintained (The Tour Coordinator/SM does not call performances)
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of the rehearsal and green room spaces
- Other related duties as assigned by the Production Stage Manager and Production Manager
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and (3) paperwork samples to Production Stage Manager Carolyn Fast at email@example.com with the subject line “Tour Coordinator Submission.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Cincinnati Shakespeare Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.